In partnership with training provider The Engineering Trust, we are looking for an Apprentice to join us on our Metal Fabrication Apprenticeship standard whilst also gaining a Level 3 qualification in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
This role will be initially based on our early shift; 5:45 – 13:45 Monday to Thursday, 5:55 – 13:00 Fridays.
Please note – this apprenticeship is 18+ due to health and safety.
What you will be doing
To learn the theoretical and practical skills to weld on Aluminium and Stainless Steel, working to stringent regulatory standards and quality levels.
- Set up and tack weld
- Full welding of seams and joints
- Learning to read engineering drawings including welding symbols and associated specifications
- Gaining experience and understanding with different materials, their properties and applications
- Operating Robotic Welding equipment
- Working with comprehensive Health & Safety practices
What we are looking for
- GCSE Grade 5 and above in Maths, English and Design Technology
- A flexible attitude
- A strong work ethic with good timekeeping and attendance
- The ability to listen and apply what you’re told
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop