Group Management Accountant
We are looking for a CIMA qualified/ part qualified Group Management Accountant to join our team at LTi Metaltech Ltd . This is a ‘two-stage’ role, initially covering Maternity Leave for an Assistant Accountant role (expected duration of 9 months) which will provide a unique opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the business. Alongside this, as priorities and workload dictate, you will begin to create the brand-new role of Group Management Accountant, reporting into our Finance Director and based at our site in Milton Park. This role does cover our subsidiary organisation, Vessco Engineering so flexibility will required to travel to Bridgend in Wales on a regular basis. The role will encompass providing robust financial data and analysis to senior management to successfully deliver planned growth and to improve the financial tracking and reporting to help deliver consistently strong margins.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a supportive and progressive business in a dynamic and varied role.
What you will be doing (not limited to):
- Providing financial and commercial support to the Business Development team through developing and maintaining robust cost calculation models, verifying key quotations and co-ordinating contract reviews.
- Reviewing customer orders prior to acceptance, ensuring the acceptability of all key financial and commercial clauses including payment terms, performance bonds, late delivery payments, etc and ensuring these are highlighted and communicated appropriately.
- To partner with the Project Engineers at Vessco to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of the revenues and costs related to their projects, including tracking expenditure on materials and subcontractor processes, man hours consumed, communicating likely over-spends/over-consumption of hours on projects, and co-ordinating efforts to mitigate such instances through providing variance analysis commentary, liaising with the Finance Manager to ensure sales invoices are raised, key milestones are achieved, accuracy of the WIP valuation in the monthly management accounts, development of appropriate KPIs to monitor progress and expected margins, to co-ordinating post-contract ‘lessons learned’ review meetings, before providing commentary and recommended improvement targets to the Management Team.
- To support the Management teams at both LTi and Vessco in delivering planned growth at both companies, through: modelling growth, machine and floorspace capacity utilisation to determine when future investment is required; modelling labour capacity utilisation to forecast and determine the timing of recruitment needs; appraising capital expenditure proposals and budgets as well as helping to prioritise projects and verify reported savings and benefits
- To develop and maintain a robust price calculation model.
- To provide ad-hoc financial analytical support to the senior management teams at LTi and Vessco.
What we are looking for:
This is a new role and provides the opportunity to establish and position it within the LTi structure. We believe we are looking for an individual who is proactive, outward looking, confident in engaging with all levels of the business, as well as being happy to work relatively independently. The qualifications and experience required includes:
- CIMA qualified/ part qualified
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Advanced Excel with strong spreadsheet manipulation/interrogation abilities
- Process creation and change management experience may be helpful
- Ability to see the big picture whilst also understanding/seeing the detail
- Have 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in an engineering or manufacturing environment which would provide a strong advantage. If experience has been gained in a different sector, demonstrable interest or knowledge of engineering would be considered.
- Project Management qualification (PMI/Prince 2/Agile) may be beneficial but training can be provided
What we can offer:
We offer all our employees a fantastic benefits package which includes:
- Flexible working (core hours are 10am to 3pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 12pm Friday) – 12pm finish on a Friday!
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Learning and development opportunities including training support
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
No agencies thank you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Flexitime Monday to Friday