Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer
We are on the look out for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our team to provide project and process expertise to facilitate New Product Introduction and to lead productivity projects against existing processes.
The overall purpose of this role is to enhance and expand the production capabilities of the company through identifying and implementing automation solutions for both new and existing products, with a primary focus to be on cutting, forming and welding processes to optimise production capacity and to manage the capital expenditure of agreed automation solutions.
What will you be doing (not limited to):
- New Product Introduction – Lead and/or support the interface between design and manufacturing on new product design/development and introduction, ensuring project timelines are met and the product/process is designed for manufacture (including maintenance and operations)
- Collaborate closely with both customers and internal departments to manage NPI projects effectively from prototype through to commercial production.
- Productivity Improvement – Identify and lead productivity improvement projects within the manufacturing process, working closely with the Production and Quality departments to ensure that they meet project scope and are on time, within budget, in line with the company’s quality standards and meet agreed yield and efficiency levels.
- Process Design – Design, develop, optimise and maintain processes. Design the required jigs and fixtures whilst working within project timelines and cost targets agreed for process development.
- Engineering Specifications – Create engineering specifications for production tooling, jigs and fixtures and ensuring effective communication of requirements both in-house and to external providers.
- Process Technology – Proactively identify and evaluate automation solutions to improve efficiency in new and existing product processes.
- Develop expertise in relevant areas of automation and technology and cascade this expertise to others in the business as required.
- Validation – Perform necessary process validations and other quality system documentation requirements to support new product introduction and development.
- Documentation – Prepare documentation for all new product introductions and process changes to ensure smooth transition into Production.
- Ensure a full history of process and product evolution is documented and maintained, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records etc.
- Compliance – Work in accordance with Company Quality Standards, procedures and processes and comply with the regulatory requirements of AD Merkblatt,PD5500 and EN13445
What we are looking for:
- Mechanical engineering degree, equivalent or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in sheet metal processes and knowledge of the design and regulatory requirements for the pressure vessel industry would be highly desired.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to manage projects through from conception to implementation, involving customers, internal resources and suppliers at each stage of the process.
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding project requirements.
- Experience in designing and implementing new processes is essential.
- Experience in designing tooling, jigs and fixtures and creating engineering specifications in line with these designs would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills for effective team collaboration and client liaison.
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributing team member.
- Welding, Fabrication and Metal Forming techniques
What we can offer:
We offer all our employees a fantastic benefits package which includes:
- Flexible working (core hours are 10am to 3pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 12pm Friday) – 12pm finish on a Friday!
- Private healthcare
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Learning and development opportunities including training support
No agencies thank you!
Salary: £42,000.00-£48,000.00 per year