We are on the look out for an experienced Stock Controller to join our team!
You will be a strong communicator who is able to maintain a calm and friendly manner whilst working to customer driven time constraints, juggling phone calls, dealing with internal requests for information, updating stock data and also resolving problems raised by Production. If that sounds like you then you probably have a background in stock control, manufacturing or distribution and are used to working within similar busy environments.
What will you be doing (not limited to):
- You will provide hands-on support to the Materials and Production teams, carrying out daily stock and cycle counts, updating systems and ensuring that regular audits are completed.
- You will be supporting the Planning Coordinator to ensure we have consistent stock levels and efficient stock delivery throughout the business. This will involve you escalating any issues to Purchasing and working closely with Engineering on New Product Introductions as well as ongoing projects.
- Assisting with project timelines, material deliveries, key deadlines, work orders and transport requirements in line with customer expectations.
- You will be the ‘go to’ individual who has all the useful information to hand through monitoring and reporting on finished goods stock levels against agreed targets as well as monitoring stock availability variances.
- Attending daily Production meetings to explain notable changes and/or issues to the wider team as well as to hear from the key departments about factors that could influence or affect your own role that day.
- After an initial training period, and once settled into the role, there will be plenty of opportunities to be involved in further tasks and projects that could include supporting the Production Manager with planning of labour hours, reporting and implementing planning and scheduling process improvements, solving queries and ensuring accuracy of Bill of Materials (BOM).
What we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills are key, both written and verbal, as the role acts as an interface between suppliers, other departments and the customer.
- The ability to think logically, with good analytical skills and a natural ability to coordinate stock, people and information will be essential to succeed.
- You will have a proactive personality and be a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (further training can be provided where necessary) as well as experience using stock control systems.
- A thorough and organised approach, with a strong attention to detail, will be required and experience of administration-based tasks is essential.
- The ability to work under pressure and to time constraints with a flexible and adaptable attitude – and keep smiling!
- The ability to identify and escalate business critical decisions appropriately.
- To actively participate in problem solving and generating ideas for system and process improvement initiatives.
What we can offer:
We offer all our employees a fantastic benefits package which includes:
- Flexible working (core hours are 10am to 3pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 12pm Friday) – 12pm finish on a Friday!
- Private healthcare
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Learning and development opportunities including training support
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!